Shadi Chuangpishit, Consultant III, Advisory Services, has more than two years of industry experience in modeling and analysis of power systems dynamics. In recent years, Shadi has been involved in several industrial and utility projects focusing on renewable energy and utility-scale energy storage integrations, microgrid feasibility studies, modeling/control of offshore wind farms and power quality analysis. She has expertise in utilizing power system industry-standard software packages including: PSCAD/EMTDC, MATLAB/SIMULINK, ASPEN and CYME.
Areas of Expertise
- Modeling and analysis of power system dynamics
- Distributed generation integration studies
- Modeling and control of offshore wind farms
Experience and Background
· Consultant III, Quanta Technology (2017 – now)
· Intern, Quanta Technology (June 2016 – Dec. 2016)
· Research Assistant, University of Toronto (2012 – 2015)
· Research Associate, Renewables Energy Lab., Isfahan University of Technology (2011 – 2012)
· Electrical Engineer, Behrad Consulting Engineers Company (2009 –2011)
Accomplishments and Industry Recognition
· IEEE member
· Local organizing committee member, Niagara 2016 Symposium on Microgrids, 2016.
· Recipient of Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Innovation and Technology in Engineering (ELITE) Certificate from University of Toronto, 2015.
· Organizing committee member for 10th Iranian Student Conference on Electrical Engineering (ISCEE), IUT, Isfahan, Iran, Sept. 2007
· Recipient of the best paper award for presenting the paper “Modeling and control of diode-interfaced offshore wind farm with dc power systems”
· Receipent of Esfahan Regional Electric Company scholarship for the master proposal on “Pure DC Collector System Design for Grid-connected Offshore Wind Farms”
· Authored 3 technical papers in IEEE transaction and refereed conference proceedings
- M.Eng., Electrical Engineering (Energy Systems), University of Toronto, Canada, 2016.
- M.Sc. and B.Sc., Electrical Engineering (Power Systems), Isfahan University of Technology, Iran, 2011, 2009.
- Volunteered in several executive and leadership roles in conferences, undergraduate/graduate student unions and cultural non-profit organizations.
Shadi can be contacted at Schunagpishit@quanta-technology.com